November 23, 2014

Discussion: The Hunger Games

Many people dislike The Mockingjay, the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy. Some people stop in the middle of the book, some people don't read the third book and some people read the whole book, but are unsatisfied at the end. And then there are people, like me,who read all of the the last book and are thoroughly satisfied at the ending. Which one of these are you?why did you stop(if you did) Are you any of them? And if you've read the whole book, did you like the ending?Why or why not?

4 comments:

  1. I read it all the way through - but I found the book a little unsatisfying - it was a good surprising ending for me but I guess I wanted more closure and some sense that peace had been established instead of realizing at the last minute the potential for more tyranny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the whole thing, but I didn't love it.That many people don't have to die to make it a good book. I was kind of disappointed, but if you've read the other books, you have to read it.

    Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that lots of people died for what seemed like no reason. I love the very very end, in the epilog, when Katniss has kids, she says that she plays a little "game" where she says all the things she's grateful for, the last line( and my favorite line) is: "But theres much worse games to play," and for some reason that kinda softens my heart about the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also read the whole book, and thought the ending was entirely appropriate, even if it was frustrating. I think it did a good job of reinforcing one of the major themes of the book, that war is destructive and painful for every side involved. It was a wonderfully well-written book, and anyone who liked it might also enjoy another series, Gregor the Overlander, which is by the same author.
    Thanks for the thought provoking question!

    ReplyDelete